I just want to share these very cool lists of cognitive biases. It’s so useful to just have an overview of these on hand – and obviously I’m not the only one thinking so, as there are several useful collections out there:
- 50 Scientifically proven ways to be persuasive
- A Visual Study Guide To Cognitive Biases – They’re beautiful.
- Stephen Anderson’s Mental Notes cards: Get Mental Notes: It’s printed and in a leather box!
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases – The plain overview
- UPDATE: The Psychologist View of UX Design. A less comprehensive, but still useful, list, by Susan Weinschenk
For the uninitiated, cognitive biases are identified tendencies in human decision making, or as wikipedia defines it “a pattern of deviation in judgment that occurs in particular situation”.